Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Giving Thanks...

Yay for November!

The month where people post what they are thankful for everyday leading up to Thanksgiving. The month where people are much more aware of being kind and giving thanks. The month where we step back and realize how blessed we really are. The month where I will HOPEFULLY get my wedding thank you cards out. :)

Yes, that is right, I have 4 boxes of blank, un-written, un-addressed, un-stamped thank you cards and envelopes.
See for yourself

They have been sitting there on the counter just staring at me waiting for me to get them done.

Have I not done them because I am not thankful? No, that is defiantly not a reason because I am so incredibly grateful for every gift and helping hand through the whole process of planning a wedding.

Have I not done them because I don't have time? No, cause I really do have time to do them. :-/

Have I not done them because I have bad handwriting and I am embarrassed of it? That is a slight reason. I have never really loved my handwriting...please don't judge. :) 

Have I not done them because I am completely OVERWHELMED by the sight and idea of writing over 200 thank you's to the most wonderful people out there? Why yes!!! That is the exact reason. Writing so many thanks is overwhelming to me. I never realized how many people cared, how many people loved, how many people supported. It is a VERY  overwhelming thing.

Nonetheless, they must get done. Since it is close to Thanksgiving and Christmas I find it perfectly fitting to finally get started on those cards and get them sent A.S.A.P.

For those of you that may think I am ungrateful, understand that I am not. In fact I am very much the opposite. I am super grateful, just slightly...no VERY overwhelmed with getting started.

Look forward to getting thanks in your mail boxes shortly. *Crosses Fingers* Hopefully!

With that, I remind you all to find ways to thank those around you, and to give when impressed to. Sometimes we may not realize it, but there are many that have lots less than what we may have.

And with that, I am going to be giving lots of thanks this month!

Love, ME!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! When Eric and I got married, I had 300+ thank you's to send out... yikes! I set a goal to write 5/day. It took awhile, but 5 is a lot easier to handle than thinking of all 200! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete